Search This Blog

henry

Monday, November 4, 2013

Apple Brickle Dip


I had a few of my girls over last week and made them one of my favorite recipes.

Apple Brickle Dip.

My version comes from Taste of Home, a kajillion years ago {Pre-Pinterest} when I still found new recipes in paper magazines.



I love to make this because it's easy and yummy and always a little bit of a mystery; No one knows just exactly what the brown bits are.....

It's a perfect dip for any celebration, but especially FALL.







Even though it's easy, I'll walk you through.

Start with cream cheese that is very soft. Then add brown sugar and white sugar and a little bit of vanilla and mix it all up. 
I keep a hand mixer that I use just for this recipe...
is that weird?


It will look like this once it's all happily blended.


Then you add the secret ingredient. 
One whole bag of English Toffee bits.


Just pour it on top and stir it in. You'll think it's too much and double check the recipe to make sure it actually said to add the whole bag.
It did.

I make it ahead and set it in the fridge overnight or for several hours {although it's not necessary}. Then I set it out about 30 minutes before serving time so it can soften up enough to dip with the apples. This lets the toffee dissolve into the sugary cream cheese just the right amount.



Here's the exact recipe.
Enjoy!



Apple Brickle Dip
1 package cream cheese (8 oz.), softened
½ cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package almond brickle chips (toffee)

Blend cream cheese, sugars, and vanilla well.  Add entire bag of brickle chips, stir to combine.  Refrigerate.  Set out about 30 minutes before serving time to soften.  Serve with granny smith apple chunks or slices.           

No comments:

Post a Comment