Search This Blog

henry

Monday, January 24, 2011

Jesus says.....Drink your milk.

Our baby who is 3 preaches some great sermons. Our big kids did similarly spectacular and hilarious things which I swore I'd never forget - but, I have.  We have a few stories that we recollect on occasion but I know it's not even close to the delightful stories they actually gave us.  I'm determined to remember more, especially since my memory is worse now than....well, before.  So I wrote this whole exchange down the last week......

I was cleaning the kitchen while my youngest was coloring at the kitchen table.  She found this wonderful coloring book that belonged to her sister years ago.



She was re-doing her sister's past efforts and exploring her discovery and began asking me questions.....Guess who comes to your life Momma?  (after a few attempts to follow and answer we got on the same page).  She then launches into this little sermon.

"Jesus comes to your life momma because he loves you soooooo much.  He likes to ride on a donkey and tell everyone about his family.  He tells us to not to be afraid, to use your power, and drink your milk."

Seriously, could this be any better?  I love this because it is so very much her own words, which means it comes from her own heart - she's beginning to understand and remember stories about Jesus.  And He is pretty irresistible once you start knowing His stories and the undeniable fact that He does love you sooooo much.  I've been mulling it around all weekend and I just wonder what would happen if we followed her advice?

If I really let go of fear;
"But when I am afraid,I will put my trust in you." Psalm 56:3

If I really relied on the power He has given me;
"By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life." 2 Peter 1:3

If I really took care of myself.
"Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit?" 1 Corinthians 6:19

Yep, that's a great sermon.



Sure do love that girl.  Her life has already taught me so much - can't wait to see what else He has in store.

Hope she encouraged you today,
Jamy


Here she is practicing what she preached, "Jesus says eat cake?"
Oh, never mind.

P.S.
Here's a reward for reading to the end.  Lest you think we have it all together here in the Fisher home.....the next day we started a new conversation with "Momma, guess who comes to your life?"  Answer......Curious George - the coloring book of the day.

1 comment:

  1. precious little honey. I love her heart so much!! she's gonna be teaching in no time, just like her momma :)

    ReplyDelete