Search This Blog

henry

Friday, June 1, 2012

Accepted, Secure, Significant

This week I found something that had been lost. I was looking through old books and found this little card stuck in one of them.  I used to keep this card in my Bible ALL the time and thought I had lost it, but evidently I had just used it in another book.....you wouldn't believe the "bookmarks" I find in old books.  That would be a truly unique blog post.  



I don't remember where this card came from, I really think that I "borrowed" it from my husband's Bible when we were dating.  We think it's a freebie handout he picked up at a convention somewhere sometime.  It's one of those just right, just when I needed it kind of things. It is a list of verses that answer the question, "Who Am I?"

There are three answers on this card.....
I am accepted.
I am secure.
I am significant.



These three statements....I am accepted, I am secure, I am significant are true.  Glancing over this card has reminded me of the Truth those statements represent so many times.  I've used this card and the verses it lists over and over for my own remembering. I've used this card over and over for the encouragement of others. Counseling at youth camp or ladies retreat or in the parking lot after church, I've pulled this card out many times referring to these most basic and most comforting reminders of His Voice.  

The card is torn and used and faded.  It's all ink-stained on the edges where I've used it as a straight-edge to underline passages during a sermon or study time.

It's just precious to me. I'm glad I found it.



Here's what it says:

I AM ACCEPTED...
John 1:12 - I am God's child.
John 15:15 - I am Christ's friend.
Romans 5:1 - I have been justified.
1 Cor. 6:17 - I am united with the Lord, and I am one spirit with Him.
1 Cor. 6:19,20 - I have been bought with a price.  I belong to God.
1 Cor. 12:27 - I am a member of Christ's body.
Eph. 1:1 - I am a saint.
Eph. 1:5 - I have been adopted as God's child.
Eph. 2:18 - I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit.
Col. 1:14 - I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
Col. 2:10 - I am complete in Christ.

I AM SECURE...
Rom. 8:1,2 - I am free forever from condemnation.
Rom. 8:28 - I am assured that all things work together for good.
Rom. 8:31f - I am free from any condemning charges against me.
Rom. 8:35f - I cannot be separated from the love of God.
2 Cor. 1:21,22 - I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God.
Col. 3:3 - I am hidden with Christ in God.
Phil. 1:6 - I am confident that the good work that God has begun in me will be perfected.
Phil. 3:20 - I am a citizen of heaven.
2 Tim. 1:7 - I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind.
Heb. 4:16 - I can find grace and mercy in time of need.
1 John 5:18 - I am born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me.

I AM SIGNIFICANT...
Matt. 5:13,14 - I am the salt and light of the earth.
John 15:1,5 - I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life.
John 15:16 - I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
Acts 1:8 - I am a personal witness of Christ's.
1 Cor. 3:16 - I am God's temple.
2 Cor. 5:17f - I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
2 Cor. 6:1 - I am God's co-worker (1 Cor. 3:9)
Eph. 2:6 - I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm.
Eph. 2:10 - I am God's workmanship.
Eph. 3:12 - I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Phil. 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.







We have so many questions, just so many in this life.  Finding the answers that speak to our acceptance, security, and significance are big time huge in finding faith to walk on in real life.


I hope the list from this little card is an encouragement for you.....pass it on!


This card was originally published by Freedom in Christ Ministries
La Habra, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment