Search This Blog

henry

Friday, May 24, 2013

Allrecipes Love

Do you know allrecipes.com? I remember when the internet was new [to me], being amazed that I could look at recipes on this new cooking website.....the recipes were in categories and I would just read through them. It's changed a lot since then, but I still find that it's my trusted website for recipes that aren't weird.

After so many heavy posts recently, I thought it would be fun to share the links to my favorite allrecipes.com recipes. 

Here are my favorites with a few comments {in totally random order}:
Too Much Chocolate Cake with Satiny Chocolate Glaze; is easily my favorite bundt cake. LOVE IT!

Pretty Chicken; this is my favorite grilling marinade. The recipe instructions are a little fussy - not necessary, it's more flexible than it appears at first.

Donut muffins; made in mini muffin tins these are amazing. I cut the amount of nutmeg to 1/4 teaspoon.

Pineapple Sherbet and Buttermilk Syrup; I blogged about these recipes here. The wonders you find when you are stuck home on a snow day with buttermilk.

Quick Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas; I was looking for something like this after a trip to New Mexico where everything delicious had green chiles. I don't do the charring of the tortilla part; just layer it all in like a casserole.....when I take this somewhere I bring home an empty pan.

Cinnamon Coffee Cake II; just yum and easy.

Peanut Butter Cake II; I made this recipe into cupcakes and loved it....I reviewed this one (and several others) as fishermomma.

Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Soup; this is the first soup I ever made using all canned veggies. It's good and really easy.

Easy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream; I have a table top electric ice cream freezer that holds a smaller amount than a traditional freezer.....this recipes fits, doesn't require pre-cooking, and is YUM!

Feather Light Biscuits; shortcut recipe that is amazing. I blogged about it here. I cannot find the recipe on allrecipes anymore to link - they do remove them sometimes.

Asian Country Style Ribs; I switched the amounts for olive oil and sesame oil (sesame was too strong for us) and shortened the cooking time. This is very unique and very good.

Butterscotch Bread Pudding; we make this for a large lunch we do at church. My favorite part is the description of how to tell when it's done (jiggles like a well-endowed thigh---seriously). My non-bread pudding eating friend loves this and makes it all on her own.

Chantal's Cheesecake; great classic recipe.

Heavenly Angel Food Cake; if you ever want to try making one from scratch. I frost mine with homemade cream cheese  icing.

Charleston Breakfast Casserole is my go-to breakfast casserole. The croutons give it lots of flavor and keep it from being too soggy. I leave out all the peppers and meat and make mine cheese only. Great to mix up the night before and bake in the morning.

Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing, I omit the cashews and swiss cheese and use walnuts and shaved parmesan cheese.

Homestyle Turkey; I make this one in my electric roaster and I brine it first - but it was my first successful turkey and I've made it several times now.

So, those are some of my favorites from allrecipes.com. I learned almost everything I know about cooking from my mom, but this website has added a few good ones too. 

This is the only picture I could find of me actually IN the kitchen! {Strange since I spend so much time here}....
This is Carly and I learning how to make creme brulee.

Do you have a favorite food website or allrecipes recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment