Search This Blog

henry

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

M&M Birthday



Our youngest has a serious chocolate attachment.  Most kids like dum-dum suckers and gummy bears [and wild berry and/or red, purple, or pink skittles and Apple-O rings and sour gummy worms---oh, that's just me].  Not our Little One, she likes CHOC - O - LATE.  It has to be milk chocolate with no annoying fillers like peanuts or peanut butter or krispy bits of cereal or caramel or nougat or anything.  She inspects.....and nothing gets past her.  Plain M&Ms, Hershey's kisses, and Hershey's milk chocolate candy bars are her favorites.  So, we had an M&M Birthday party when she turned FOUR a few weeks ago.


I made her an M&M cake, her sister made all sorts of decorations and games.  Her grandparents, aunts, and cousins came over and we ate chocolate and got all wet.

Her cake is a combination of two ideas I've wanted to try; an M&M Kit Kat Cake and a yummy looking chocolate layer cake that is covered with all kinds of chopped up candy bars.  I made a two layer chocolate cake and frosted it with milk chocolate icing.  I covered the sides with Kit Kats, Twix, Hershey's bars and kisses and then put a combination of plain and peanut M&Ms all over the top....yes, she sniffed out the peanuts and wouldn't eat them.  It kinda bugged me that there was no spot for her name.  Originally I had planned to write out a message on the cake board but I got carried away with M&M tossing and covered the board with candies.  At the last minute I thought of using the back of a Hershey's Bar as a chalkboard of sorts for her name.  Yeah, I think it's cute.



This little girl is precious.....just the cutest most creative and imaginative darling.  She is so very loved.  I will never eat a Hershey's kiss without wanting to share with her.




She blew out the candle and we sang and cut the cake and she sat at the head of the table eating the plain M&Ms off her piece.  After a few minutes she jumped down to go play with cousins.  When everyone left to go home and we began to clean up I picked up the leftover cake to take to the kitchen.....and noticed that every Kiss originally decorating the side facing her at the table had been carefully picked off. 

How I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment