Search This Blog

henry

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer Intentions

June Craziness has begun!  I've just returned from Kid's Camp with my oldest daughter, such a great week.....and the wonderful crazy schedule continues on Monday.  But today we have a rare slow Saturday.   Right now our kids are all resting or playing.  It's a unique family day of unplanned activity.  My baby girl keeps asking me what we are going to do today, she's just not used to this!  I anticipate they will all begin to get pretty stir-crazy soon and we will find something to do, but for now I'm enjoying the quiet. 

I used to schedule and plan summer times and then send my kids back to school in August feeling like a frustrated failure because we never made it through our list and never stuck to the schedule.  I don't do that to myself anymore.  Instead I try to make the most of every teachable opportunity we are given.  I wrote about these types of intentions here, Cupcake Saturday.  I thought this Saturday was a good time to revisit those thoughts.

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity...."   Ephesians 5:15-16

Instead of trying to control our time, maybe we should see the time we are given as an opportunity to make a name for Jesus....and make the most of it.

Watching kiddos swim at Camp....

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I really liked your blog.
    Keep up the good work!

    Do visit mine too at http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete