Search This Blog

henry

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cupcake Saturday

For 10 years I've subscribed to this wonderful magazine called Family Fun.  I love to read it and intend to do lots of what I read there.....and I have....done....some.  My Banana Bread recipe came from there a few years ago.  I make pilgrim pies from a recipe I found there.  I've made a bunch of birthday cakes from ideas there, including the pink pony (my favorite).

So....today it's just girls at my house.  Girl's Day is the supreme example of good intentions left undone.  I have a very creative daughter who always wants to do big amazing things, and I'm always one ingredient short.  So today we hit our old Family Fun magazines and picked some things to try.  We settled on popcorn cupcakes and mini caramel apples.  We had a fun creativity filled afternoon and our little snacks turned out pretty cute.
We made these little mini caramel apples by scooping tiny balls of apple with a melon baller, then dipping them in melted butterscotch chips and decorations.



They turned out so cute!

But not as cute as this.........love her.

Our popcorn cupcakes.  They are french vanilla cupcakes with marshmallows cut to look like popcorn.....complete with painted on "butter" and "salt" (yellow food coloring and sugar sprinkles).
A happy Saturday afternoon, with some good intentions actually fulfilled!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely L♥ve this...once again Amazed at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Fisher girls! You're making memories to last a lifetime. David and I were talking just yesterday about Carly already being a very competent cook. We still giggle about the "recipes" she and Zach created when we went down to Killeen to see you when Anna was born:) Fun times...Precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know you are just a most precious mom! I love these ideas! I get Family Fun too and I must say I hear you on good intentions. And on a creative daughter, "I have an idea!" is her favorite phrase. (: I love the apples, though, I think I need to do these for our kindergarten fall party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember their "recipes" at the salsa bar Aunt Mame. She's always full of great ideas. Today she dreamt up a cupcake that was a chocolate box full of packing peanuts to celebrate a move! :)

    ReplyDelete