Search This Blog

henry

Monday, September 20, 2010

Crazy Week Well Spent

I have several weeks spread throughout the year that are crazy.  I'm an active person, but I don't like to be stressed from one thing to another all the time and have intentionally tried to avoid such insanity. There are simply some weeks where "one thing to another busyness" is reality.  Last week was one of mine.  Everything was great, it was all time very well spent ending with an early bedtime on Saturday night; for me at least.  I remember bathing the youngest, but nothing after that.  I think that the Daddy came home and got everyone to bed.  They were all in their respective beds Sunday morning.

I am thankful for friends, family and ministry on whom to spend myself.  This thought  makes me grin every time I read it.  Every day is spent.  Even the laziest day, though it might not be busy, is spent.  One of my greatest fears is that my life will be lived but wasted. I too often spend my time and energy on things that don't matter much.

I want to spend my days on what matters.


Like big birthday parties for a 10 year old daughter, and a church event where hundreds of women get to worship and hear Truth together, and stuffing goodie bags with close friends, and sitting up late talking with a precious hubby about the parallels of hunting and walking with God (obviously!), and a rare Mexican food lunch with a teenage son - just us, and studying 1 Samuel, and the relief of finally making it through the doors and into church on Sunday morning.

So today is the Monday after, and it's the kind of quiet and still chaos after a storm. Just as the "To-Do List" reaches up and tries to choke the joy right out of me, I decided to sit down and remember last week.  There will always be weeks where all I can see is the time I've wasted.  Today I am especially thankful for a rare and crazy week, and for the refreshment that a week well-spent brings. 

"A generous man will prosper; 
he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed ." 
Proverbs 11:25 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment