Search This Blog

henry

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sunflower Cake




Do you have those magazine clippings that you save for ages and swear you are going to try when you find some time?  This post is one of those.  My oldest daughter loves Marshmallow Peep Chicks.  I keep trying them, each year expecting them to start tasting good.  Each year I'm disappointed.  At least they don't taste bad, they just don't TASTE.  Sorry Peep lovers.

I clipped a recipe for a Sunflower Peeps Cake in a Taste of Home magazine, and finally a couple of years ago my big girl and I made it.  I'm posting it today, because now is the time to buy Peeps for petals if you want to try this sometime....and I'm pretty sure that they will keep for a long time.



I love this cake because it is so easy and pretty hard to mess up, but it looks impressive.  Right now we have purple Peep Chicks on our kitchen counter.  A white cake with white chocolate chips and pastel sprinkles and purple or pink Peep Petals would be awfully cute for Easter......I'm just sayin'.


You can find the official instructions on the Taste of Home site here.




No comments:

Post a Comment