Search This Blog

henry

Monday, October 4, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

It's finally Fall and I can finally find canned pumpkin so I decided to make Pumpkin Bread today.  I originally got this recipe out of a Southern Living magazine.  I think it's called Pumpkin Pecan Bread.  I made a couple of changes especially in the spices because I don't like Pumpkin Bread to be too Spice Cakey......I like Pumpkin Bread to taste like pumpkin with a sweet cinnamon sidekick.
Pumpkin Bread

Pumpkin Bread
Adapted from Southern Living Pumpkin Pecan Bread Recipe
3 1/3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup canola oil
2/3 cup water
4 eggs
1 can pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
Put all ingredients in mixer and blend slowly to combine – stop to stir flour lumps up from bottom of bowl and scrape down sides with rubber scraper.  Continue to mix just until well blended.  Pour into 3 glass bread pans sprayed with Baker’s Secret and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

I have 3 Pyrex bread pans and this recipe fills them up perfectly.  They are a little bit smaller than a traditional pan.........sorry.


The Triplets with their Momma

I love this stuff.
I am feeling very blessed today, enjoying family and the work God's given me.  Next on my baking agenda - Amanda's Gingerbread Cookies!   Happy Fall!
I heart this recipe!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pics and LOVE that you give explicit instructions about scrapping the lumps (is that 'cause you knew I'd need them?!). You inspire me...AND make me wish I was eating this bread and drinking coffee with you!!

    ReplyDelete